Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

It's a foundation party!!

Since I've been getting all the Sephora stuff lately (thank you ebates) and I totally take advantage of all the samples, I've been trying a ridiculous amount of new foundations lately! As this isn't something I normally wear, it's been a work in progress, but I have definitely found some winners.

I typically prefer something really lightweight with a little sun protection, honestly a tinted moisturizer with SPF is about right, but all I'm looking for is evening out my skin tone, and my primers tend to take care of my gigantic pores. 

But first things first, here's what I've tried so far!

As much as it looks fab on others and the rave reviews it gets, I'm not a fan. It's definitely a Full Coverage type, and on me it looked super cakey- not a look I'm going for. But it matched super well, which I have a real hard time finding. 

This has been my go-to for a handful of years now, but I don't love it. It's not a great match even though it's the closest to my actual skin tone. I do however really like how well it blends into the skin, almost looks airbrushed. It's a little heavier than I personally prefer as well, but it Is a great lightweight foundation for medium coverage and it looks so good on so many people. 

This I am So not a fan of. My mom tried it, I tried it, I will never go near it again. It's everything wrong with BB creams. Way too thick, like I'm spreading crisco on my face, it's too dark, cakey is an understatement, it shows Every pore in my face and accentuated every blemish. I just can't with this stuff. I truly don't know how people enjoy it. Just my two cents. 

This is heaven. Definitely my new obsession with nuisance coverage, it can be totally sheer and just even things out or cover what you don't like. It's seriously amazing, and so So light. It's like a mousse that is so soft it almost doesn't exist. It became one with my skin instantly. I bought two- one for my skin tone and one contouring color. I have no regrets. It's everything I've been looking for. The heavens opened and angels sung. This is The One. 

I love this skincare brand, I could write sonnets to it. But I do not love this product. The color didn't match well and it looked cakey despite the light mousse texture. I have it to someone who did however enjoy it, who felt it was a nice summer coverage option when they use a more full coverage product in general. 

No. Too heavy and dark, it was again a BB cream type heavy thick product that didn't have any of the things I love about this brand. Also gave to someone who appreciates full coverage products. It also totally smelled like sunscreen, which I never enjoy in products. 

So... I actually love this. Definitely for special occasion my-skin-needs-to-be-flawless type things, not every day. It's fuller coverage than I'm used to, but it's so Smooth! You barely have to use any to look amazeballs. It blended so well too! Like omg I don't even understand. It's Great. Ugghhh now I have to buy more foundation. Cuz I think I need this in my life. 

This is a really nice foundation. It really is. It's not a Perfect match for my skin, but it's lightweight, not cakey at all, and blends in So well. My only issue with it is the color and I feel like it emphasized the lines on my forehead a little too much. Like it's almost noticeable that I'm wearing something. But if it matches you, it is Super nice. It's light for a full coverage, and it just sinks into your skin. One more thing I don't love though, is it kind of disappears over the course of the day. Like its there in the morning, and by the time I'm cleaning my fave at night it's gone. So not amazingly long-lasting.

Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation:
This is pretty interesting in that it's definitely the lightest foundation i've experienced– it kind of almost has a watery consistency. It goes on super sheer, so it can definitely be built upon, my qualm with it is that it didn't seem to do much with one go. I would have to actually build it in order for it to even things out, and then it does have color, but i would compare it more to like the 'multiply' setting in photoshop- the areas that are darker show up, but anything lighter than it's going on doesn't show. This in theory might be nice, but the color would have to be an exact match. i don't know, it didn't work for me. In a comparison of light foundations, Eve Lom wins.

This is something I was super looking forward to trying since it's a buildable coverage that you can blend into anything without changing the texture. But i haven't found a shade that works for my skin tone! so i feel like i can't really speak to their efficacy yet.

Dr. Jart + Premium BB Cream:
Of all the BB Creams I've tried, i think this is the only one I can really get behind. I love the high SPF, it's surprisingly lightweight for a BB cream, and it really does even things out nicely. The nay drawback is how there are only 2 shades, so it isn't a perfect match for skin tone. I also think as far as a real foundation goes, I prefer the Eve Lom option, but this sunscreen can't be beat. so i think if you're going to be in the sun, this could be a really solid option; i definitely feel like when getting hot and a little sweaty, the Lancome stick foundation doesn't hold up as well, but it is still fantastic. so it's kind of one of those things where it's once to have an option for every situation.

I didn't want to include pix with these, cuz how it looks on one person isn't how the texture will look on another, so i figure just descriptions of the products themselves along with what i found with each would work best for reviewing.

This is kind of how my collection is looking right about now, but I swear I always need more!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful write-up and information. Though I am not a big time makeup freak but foundation is something I always use in my daily routine. It makes my skin look radiant and gives me extra glow. Last week, I had a party at best venue NYC and I went makeup less with just wearing foundation for that party.

    ReplyDelete