Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Shiver of Sharkies pt. 1

Just got back from the most fantastic weekend in Vegas at Sharkiecon 2013! I couldn't have imagined all the fun shenanigans, meeting new friends, and so many goodies to be had! It was really way too much to just word vomit out, so I broke it up I to days...

Friday!
Outfit 1
To arrive, I wore my sharkie shooter for easy recongnition for other Sharkies, wet look black suspenders, and skull litas as well as a pyramid necklace from brandy Melville. My bestie Christina, boyfriend, and I got to the hotel just before 10, checked in early, and we're able to settle in and get some food as well as have a mini nap before we had to be anywhere. It was a first time in Vegas for all three of us and we were a touch blown away with how impressive Mandalay Bay was. We got a room on the 18th floor with a view of the zillions of pool they have to offer, had 2 queen beds and a nice big bathroom so we all had space for all the things we brought.  
Since we signed up for 1-2 fittings, we put off registration til then too, and met everyone down by the elevators, which seemed like a huge group, but was really only a teeny fraction of all the girls who came. We were all super excited and overflowing with anticipation, so when 'Handsome Cam' came down and got us, I can only imagine what people thought of all the screaming. This man is a celebrity to us and we were very much starstruck. To make it better, he led us up to the blackmilk suite, the holy land of nylon. 
Girls crowded around waiting to be let through the streamers and enjoy the delights that awaited us on the other side. We could check in, try on the new soon-to-be-released collaboration line between solestruck and blackmilk, take photos in the photo booth with jL, Cam, and the mega hotties, order clothes with the special Vegas discount code, or of course, try on all the things!!!
Christina and I almost couldn't decide what to do with all the fantastic options, so first things first, we tried on all the things :) Everything we could get our hands on we tried; new styles, old styles, Halloween and Harry Potter, we got it done. And then we were even more lost for words when jL  was just there in front of us being fabulous. We said hi and he showed us previews of the Christmas collection with bathing suits and new fantastic gym wear. So many pix I can't even explain. But here's one of me being a nonfunctional conversation partner with the emperor himself
Freals. I didn't even know how to speak to this wonderful man. He makes the shiny goodness I crave which speaks to my soul. But anywho... Then it was off to check out the solestruck goodness and omfg. Did they have some shoes. They even brought some potential designs for part 2 of their future lines with blackmilk. 
Yup. That happened. I'd say I chose the shoe life, but the shoe life chose me. Took some pix with the shoes too cuz solestruck said they're doing some sort of board online for this collaboration and needed some peectures. Don't have to tell xtina and I twice...
So after checking in and everything, we made our way to another room, so we could attend the 'buy sell swap' event for girlies to do just that with things others brought. We both got some goodies from jewelry sellers and fox and owl, and after perusing the goods headed back to our room to get ready for the podcast
sharpiecon 293.JPG
sharpiecon 293.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment